Monday 12 December 2011

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

what it's about (goodreads.com)

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on… but are some questions better left unanswered?

review

I'd read Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers just before I picked up Fall for Anything and Fall For Anything was easily the better novel! The main character, Eddie, felt very real and her attempts to come to terms with her father's suicide was captured realistically. No part of this novel was cliched. The myriad of feelings, breakthroughs and the search- every part of it felt so interconnected and raw. This rawness, really, did it for me. The author makes sure you get under the main character's skin and the way the book ended left me stunned, in a good way.

The way Fall for Anything ended took me by surprise but it worked and added to the richness of the story. I loved this book and will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a real, intense and well-written YA read.  

Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. I'm adding this to my list! Fantastic review. I love books that really give you a look into the character, and that make you feel something. This one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This is definitely one of those books. xD
    Hope you like it as much as I did (: and thanks for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the more intense side of YA. I'll definitely be checking this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I love, love YA lit that's not afraid to be intense and real. Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you like it (:

    ReplyDelete

HI. Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment. :)