Wednesday 4 December 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases!

This book has probably been over-featured but I feel like I've been waiting for its release since forever:


From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.


Anna and the French Kiss has spoiled me for life. I guess it was a combination of Etienne St. Clair, Paris and boarding school awesomeness that left me starry eyed and weak-in-the-knees. I didn't even like the second book, Lola, as much. It's so cool that Isla and the Happily Ever After takes place, once again, in Paris and is about Isla and Josh, both of whom I loved in Anna! And that the couples from the previous books make appearances.

The release year was pushed back to 2014 which is finally just.around.the.corner. so I cannot wait!

And um, this may not be a book release but it still has me psyched for 2014 so I could not help myself (again, FINALLY!):

14 comments:

  1. OMG I know it's not a book release but I am SOOOO EXCITED for new Sherlock too!!!!! My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to too many things to really count... That's the thing about a new year. Lots of new things to look forward to! I also need to get back to Sherlock! I loved the first season. The guy has also been watching Elementary (I think that is what it is called...) The one where Watson is a girl. Anyway, I want to try that because he likes it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherlock gets even better in Series 2, The first episode is gold. I'm yet to watch Elementary though!

      Delete
  3. Gah, SHERLOCK!!!!! I'm practically crawling out of my skin thinking that season 3 is so close, finally after all this time!!!!! Sorry for focusing on Sherlock more than Isle but I couldn't help it, waiting does strange things to us Sherlockians.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about Anna and the French Kiss! The author seems to be a good one. And Sherlock . . . yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so fluffy and hilarious and awesome. Anna is one of my favourite YA romances ever :)

      Delete
  5. Excellent pick! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for Isla either, Pooja. But I have to say I'm a little nervous because she pushed the date back so many times. I hope we both love it. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. But hopefully, that's going to make it better than ever. Since Perkins said she needed more time to work on it and everything! Fingerscrossed xx

      Delete
  7. I can't even properly remember Isla and Josh, because it's so long ago that I read Anna! I think I definite re-read is necessary asap! I can't wait to get my hands on this book, I hope it lived up to both of our expectations! Great pick Pooja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this series, but now I'm intrigued...

    Anyway, I found you from Feature & Follow!

    New follower via GFC! My FF @ A Novel Idea by Chrissy T

    ReplyDelete

HI. Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment. :)